We offer our corporate as well as public sector clients a range of services aimed at improving performance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability of their development programmes and social investments. Some of our research and advisory services include:
- Feasibility studies, baseline assessments, socio-economic analysis
- Independent evaluations and impact assessments
- Strategy development and programme design
- Alignment to SDGs, A2063, NDP and sub-national planning frameworks
- Compliance to international & national standards (ESG, IFC, SLP, B-BBEE, SRI, MK, etc.)
- Monitoring, information and reporting systems
- Data analytics, econometrics, forecasts and modelling
- Capacity-building in areas of monitoring and evaluation and results-based management
- Social/sustainability strategy and development planning
- Impact investing / joint trust funds – development and oversight
- Innovation, digital solutions, toolkits & technologies, 4IR adaptation.
- Corporate social investors and impact investors
- National and sub-national government and parastatals
- International aid agencies and development finance institutions
- Non-profit organisations and philanthropic foundations
Who we are
Pan African Investment & Research Services (PAIRS) is a leading African economic research and advisory firm headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. PAIRS provides innovative and evidence-based solutions to development challenges, by maximising both investor and public value. Its trans-disciplinary approach combines rigorous analysis of data from the field with seasoned political economy insights when tackling socio-economic complexities of the continent.
PAIRS consultants have experience working in the financial sector, extractive industries, logistics, energy and environment. With regard to public policy and community development, PAIRS expertise ranges from health, education, youth employment, entrepreneurship, gender and women empowerment.
Our technical team combines passion for sustainable development, with sound investment and monitoring and evaluation skills. PAIRS experts include seasoned and young economists, statisticians, social scientists, data analysts, management consultants and specialists in areas of finance and investment, public-private partnerships, results-based management, strategic planning, impact measurement, economic modelling, participatory research methodologies, capacity-building and organisational transformation.